About the Chef

My photo
Oregon, United States
My name is Alexia. I have lived in NE Oregon for most of my life, and love it here because it's where my family is. I have 3 younger sisters, 3 younger brothers, and a million cousins. I live with my husband and our three boys, and our dog Norman. My family is Greek/ Cajun/ Mexican, so food is very important to us;-) I love cooking and creating new recipes, my kids, my family, wine, painting, and everything retro! I am a dialysis technician. I love my job and my patients. I am currently studying to be a nurse. I love school, and so far it has been good to me... Dean's List or Honor Roll each term! Between work, school, my husband, our kids and all of their activities and adventures, I don't have a ton of time to blog. I love sharing recipes, so I make time for it when I can. You can follow me on Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration (thanks to those of you that have pinned my recipes!): pinterest.com/lexisamom .

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Perfect Fall Pasta with Wine Pairing



Yum!  I might make this for dinner.

What you need:

One zucchini
One large tomato
Fennel Bulb (you won't use the whole thing)
Feta Cheese
Box of pasta
Olive Oil 
Salt, Pepper, Thyme, and Oregano if you want

Julienne the whole zucchini into long strips (use either a mandolin or a peeler). Seed and dice the tomato. Sliver about 1/4 a cup of Fennel Bulb (save the rest for a different dish).  Saute the vegetables in about 2 tablespoons of oil for about five minutes, or until they are starting to brown and they are tender.  You can add a couple cloves of crushed garlic if you want.  

Toss in salt, pepper, and other spices (you can use whatever you would like.  I am in a Thyme mood, but Basil sounds good, too).

Serve tossed with pasta (I prefer spaghetti or angel hair) and top with feta cheese (or parmesan).  

Yum! 

Pairs well with Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc, or a Chardonnay.

The photo below is the pasta I made tonight (in progress).  It's the same recipe except I added asparagus instead of tomato, and I ended up using mozzarella cheese instead of feta because it's what I had one hand.  I also added carrots since my grandpa's garden is full of them.  My motto: Eat seasonally! It's cheaper and healthier.

BTW, ignore the cut quality on the veggies.  My seven year old step son cut them up for me.  Cute<3



ADDITION:  We served this with Stuffed Chicken (click for recipe).  They paired very well together, and it was a lot of fun to make! 

No comments:

Post a Comment