About the Chef

My photo
Oregon, United States
My name is Alexia. I have lived in NE Oregon for most of my life, and love it here because it's where my family is. I have 3 younger sisters, 3 younger brothers, and a million cousins. I live with my husband and our three boys, and our dog Norman. My family is Greek/ Cajun/ Mexican, so food is very important to us;-) I love cooking and creating new recipes, my kids, my family, wine, painting, and everything retro! I am a dialysis technician. I love my job and my patients. I am currently studying to be a nurse. I love school, and so far it has been good to me... Dean's List or Honor Roll each term! Between work, school, my husband, our kids and all of their activities and adventures, I don't have a ton of time to blog. I love sharing recipes, so I make time for it when I can. You can follow me on Pinterest for more ideas and inspiration (thanks to those of you that have pinned my recipes!): pinterest.com/lexisamom .

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing



Busy Mama Recipes



I love this dressing. Its one of my favorites because I can use it for so much. Green salad, tomato salad, chicken salad with fruit, and pasta salad. I can soak meat in it before cooking. I can glaze squash or protein with it. Sometimes I serve it with bread and it makes a great dipping "oil". I love having it with cheese and crackers too. I like to use it on this pasta recipe.  Its a very basic, common go to dressing. Its one of the most popular dressings, next to ranch and bleu cheese, here in the US. (My recipe for a spicy honey Dijon dressing is here).

Ingredients:
2 cups balsamic vinegar
3/4 cups olive oil, grapeseed oil, or blend oil (I love evoo in this one)
3 tbs honey or brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs spicy, smooth dijon
1 tbs dried thyme or parsley
1 tbs each salt and pepper

Blend all ingredients except oil in blender or food processor until well mixed. slowly add in oil, blending the entire time on high, to prevent the dressing from separating.

Note: the higher quality the balsamic vinegar, the less honey you use. The honey is there for sweetness and to get rid of the "tangy bite" in what should be a fairly smooth dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment